Monday, January 15, 2018

along came love

along came love




"Are you sick?" Her raspy voice was kind of sexy. Ollie couldn't help but smile all over when he heard her voice over the phone.

He was getting ready for school but when his phone rang and he saw it was from Valentina, he answered. Soon his open smile was even lipped. He didn't think he was sick. He didn't think he'd made her sick.

"No, I'm fine." Yet the doubts were there. He could be, if he thought about it long enough. Ollie cleared his throat. "What's the matter?"

"Oh, I'm sure its a cold." Yet her voice sounded as if it were worse.  She mentioned her mother's pineapple cough syrup.

Ollie made a face of disgust. He thought she needed something from the drugstore.

"You..you should see a doctor." He told her.

"I'll be fine." She paused, as if she couldn't say more, but then she did. "I..just wanted to know, how..how you were."

"I'm fine. You, need to rest." He wanted to tell her he loved her, but he was sure she knew this. Wasn't that why they'd connected, again? "I'll..I'll be thinking of you." And he would.

"I..I wish..I could..see you." She told him.

"I want to see you, too." He smiled, thinking of her heart shaped face. Her innocent sweet smile. Yes, he knew she was certainly too good for him, but somehow, she made him feel stronger. "I'll drop by, after school."

She didn't tell him, not too.

No comments:

Post a Comment